I love talking about books and I love doing things in threes! I was very happy to see that the amazing Saturday Night Reader tagged me for this one.
Three Read Once and Loved Authors
In chronological order:
- Terry Pratchett got me hooked on Fantasy.
- Penny Reid got me hooked on Romance.
- Debra Dunbar and her narratress Angela Rysk got me hooked on audiobooks.
Three Titles I’ve Watched But Haven’t Read
- To all the Boys I’ve loved before (so cute!)
- Shadowhunter: The Mortal Instrument (I was not a fan and didn’t finish the series)
- The Big Short (this one was sooo good!!)
Three Characters I Love
- Literally any woman in a contemporary romance narrated by Andi Arndt. She just has a magical voice.
- The Abcurses and Willa. All six of them are my book-girl- and boyfriends! Don’t judge.
- Sam Vimes from the Discworld. Because he’s the only character I can think of that would actually make me feel safe if I was trapped in a fantasy world.
Three Series Binged
- Curse of the Gods by Jaymin Eve and Jane Washington
- The Hellequin Chronicles by Steve McHugh
- The Hyde series by Lauren Stewart
Three Unpopular Bookish Opinions
- e-book > print book. I love and cherish my print collection but I’m so happy to have a huge library on my phone and with me at all times.
- I dnf’ed Seven Years by Dannika Dark because I couldn’t take the stereotyping.
- “First times” in romance novels are often awful to me. No foreplay, no preparation, just bam, balls-deep. To quote from Hothouse Flower:
Ryke’s advice: “You should stay away from any guy who doesn’t make you come at least twice before he fucks you. Keep that in mind.”
Three Goals for the Year
- I want to read more Fantasy again. It sounded here like I read only Fantasy but I actually read Romance all the time.
- I want to read more real quality stuff that I’m hyped about, not binge so much on the first thing I find (that might as well be new self-published books, I didn’t mean classics).
- I want to grow my blog and write things that matter to someone. It’s a big goal for a small audiobook review blog. But I’ll just try harder!